If you die without a will your estate will be administered and distributed in accordance with legislation, which provides a formula for the division of your estate between your spouse and surviving children. If you have no spouse or surviving children, your estate will be distributed among your surviving living relatives, by degrees of relationship. If you die leaving infant children, the Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia will be involved with the administration of the portion of your estate that goes to them.